The reflex-drainage or massage of 6 zones focuses mainly on the reflection diagram of the extremities and the one of the internal organs on the face.
It is structured in 6 phases: the lymph nodes are strategically located and intermittently throughout the lymphatic vessels. Thus it is a question of exercising a massage on each of the zones of the route. We suggest massaging each area at least 30 times over twice a day.
In case of severe water retention, four times a day will be necessary.
To obtain better results we choose the multireflex tool the most adapted to the skin type:
The big detector of the multireflex tool nº133 or the smooth sphere of the detector n°101 allow us a soft and steady sweeping. We prefer tools made of natural horn not to warm too much the skin. In case of a too dry skin we use one drop of soft oil.
The reflex-drainage preserves similarities with the manual lymphatic drainage (NLD). However without any contraindication nor possibility of creating a lymphatic blockage, because they acts only on the cerebral reflection of the lymphatic system; thus not directly on ganglions.
We can begin with the left-hand side of the face (yin) either realize it with two tools at the same time; one in each hand.
Once ended we can strengthen its effects by placing heating stamps [equipment nº644 in DienShop] on all the path of the lymphatic corridor on the face. We let then the heating stamps act during approximately two hours.
Steps of reflex-drainage
We describe reflex-drainage by comparing it with NLD and its location on the reflex diagram [in brackets].
- Massage from the corner of the eye towards the end of each eyebrow [armpits, neck and arm in the extremities reflex diagram].
Like NLD, the first step consists of opening the lymph nodes. This is the point where the lymph reaches the bloodstream. It corresponds to the left and right internal jugular and left and right subclavian arteries.
- Massage on the nose [spinal column in the extremities reflex diagram] corresponds to the thoracic duct which receives the lymph from the abdomen, lower limbs, half of the head, neck, left side of the thorax and left arm.
It also corresponds to the thoracic duct (second lumbar vertebra) and the lymph vein where ducts from the head, neck and right side of the thorax arrive.
- Massage on the nasal wings [groin in the extremities reflex diagram].
This corresponds to the inguinal lymph nodes, popliteal lymph nodes and legs.
- Massage on the rictus towards the corner of the mouth [reflex diagram of the internal organs reflex diagram, gluteus and thighs].
This corresponds to the lymph nodes from the small intestine and the abdomen as well as the inguinal and popliteal lymph nodes.
- Massage on the chin [reflex diagram of internal organs].
This corresponds to the lymph node in the abdomen and groin area and the ankles.
- Lateral massages on the ears [reflex diagram called “Penfield”].
This corresponds to the lymph nodes in the neck and the sublingual and retro-auricle lymph nodes. As in NLD, the lymph node net must be closed when treatment is completed.
How to use it
- As a beginning protocol of session in case of water retention, of headaches, blockings, poisoning, etc....
- In preventive self-treatment to maintain health (1 time a day in the evening).
- In treatment: 1 - 3 times a day.
- Does not lower the blood pressure.
- The young people do not have to make this massage every day (except in case of treatment) because it risks to increase their yang energy. That would provoke spots on the face and would cause constipation.
- If we feel palpitations, do not realize steps 1 and 2 of the massage.
- Without tools, with fingers or an object with a round and smooth head, the efficiency of the massage is reduced.
- The pregnant women of less than 3 months cannot practice this massage unless they eliminate the first 3 steps. The 3 others (steps 4, 5, and 6) are very beneficial for the baby and his mom.
International School of Multireflexology - Dien Chan